Salary Range: $38,000 – $42,000
The Family Support Liaison will collocate with area schools in order to provide direct support to student families by identifying needs, connecting families to resources, and ultimately improving student learning process and success in the classroom. An ideal candidate will be well-versed in understanding the holistic needs of families and appropriately refer them to internal and external programs. The Family Support Liaison will work as a part of a school team while also collaborating with LifeWise StL. The Family Support Liaison reports to the Director of Emotional and Physical Wellness at LifeWise StL.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support families through one on one case management that is supportive of their overall needs (financial, emotional, physical, relational, child-care, and educational), connect them to LifeWise StL programs that address their identified needs, and connect them to external referrals.
- Communicate with parents, teachers, and administrators to understand students’ challenges
- Identify and assist families in overcoming barriers that interfere with student learning
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of social services and benefits such as SNAP benefits, housing vouchers, Medicare and Medicaid, LIHEAP, SSI/SSDI.
- Advocate for students, families, and resources
- Work with a diverse team, including social workers, school faculty, and families.
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices
- Serve as a representative of LifeWise StL mission, values and vision on and offsite
- Identify, define and design critical support systems and services for school families.
- Data entry, ensure accurate and updated records to support grant and program requirements.
- Reports to the Director of Emotional and Physical Wellness.
- LifeWise StL staff partner with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
Following orientation, the Family Support Liaison will receive training in ETO (Efforts to Outcomes) software.
- Minimum of one year of experience with direct client work.
- Spanish proficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of LifeWise StL.
- Must complete Family Care Safety Registry criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field
How to Apply:
It is the policy of LifeWise StL to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable laws.
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com. In subject line, please write “Family Support Liaison.”