Senior Programming is a growing segment of LifeWise STL currently consisting of the Senior Companion Program (SCP), the Senior Resiliency Fund (SRF) and Intergenerational Programming with scholars from our Academy program. The Senior Programming Support Specialist works closely with the Senior Programming Director and the Senior Programming Coordinator to assist with all programming that specifically serves older adults in the community.
- Associate’s degree minimum, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic filing systems, computer systems, Microsoft Office Suite
- Mastery of business English, spelling and vocabulary
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Passion for working with older adults
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative environment
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality laws and handle sensitive information
- Experience working with underserved and diverse populations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional non-traditional hours
- Skilled at taking initiative, problem solving and working independently
- Patient and compassionate
- Data entry on multiple web and server-based platforms (Aging IS, ETO, Leapingware, etc.)
- Payroll for volunteers
- Schedule transportation
- Type routine correspondence
- Assist volunteers/participants with application forms
- Communicate with partner agency representatives, represent programs at community events
- Limited field travel to collect client information
- Client monitoring via phone interview
- Coordinating events and speakers for training
- Work with program staff on assessments and research new program models
- Reception duties
- Other job duties as assigned by supervisor
- LifeWise STL staff partner with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in this job description, and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please write “Senior Programming Support Specialist.”