The Assistant Teacher will help children develop daily living skills and language skills and provide learning opportunities through educationally geared curriculum and play. The Family Center is an integral component of adult education classes and workshops. Infants and children are cared for in the Family Center by childcare staff members while their parents attend classes in the building. Scheduled hours may fluctuate, so flexibility is essential. Family Center hours are generally Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 8:30 am – 1:15 pm and Monday through Thursday, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm. This is a part-time position, 20-30 hours per week.
• Child Care: Provide a safe, respectful, fun, learning environment for children in care.
• Family Center operations: carry out daily classroom schedule, follow opening and closing procedures, and assist in daily cleaning and sanitizing procedures, diet plans, and bathroom training/diapering.
• Parent Communication: Communicate Family Center policies, on-going communication about children’s behaviors.
• Department Support: Provide ongoing support to Family Development Services as needed.
• Other Responsibilities: Participate as a member of the Family Development department and assist in the achievement of program and organizational goals. Follow all policies at LifeWise STL as stated in the Personnel Policy and Child Care Handbook. Perform other duties, as assigned.
• LifeWise STL staff partner with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
• At least one year of childcare experience necessary
• CDA or AA preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish) speakers preferred and encouraged to apply
• Ability to maintain a positive and professional relationship with children and adults
• Enthusiasm for the mission of LifeWise STL
• Must complete Family Care Safety Registry criminal background check
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “Assistant Teacher – Family Center.”