LifeWise STL is searching for a full-time Teen Advisor for its high school program, LifeWise Academy. LifeWise Academy is a college prep and job readiness program for high school students in the St. Louis Area. Students meet with their advisor once a month to discuss school, goals, career interests, etc. Advisors are responsible for helping students identify steps to achieving their goals, communicating with parents regarding their student, communicating with school counselors and teachers regarding any academic concerns, and communicating with other LifeWise STL staff. Advisors are also responsible for facilitating life skills classes through the Teen Outreach Program curriculum. Advisors are also encouraged to lead after school/summer enrichment activities.
This position would be scheduled 40 hours a week. It is mandatory that Teen Advisors work from 3:00pm to 7:30pm Monday through Friday. The remaining hours to complete administrative tasks will be coordinated with supervisor. During the summer, staff hours are adjusted to meet the needs of the young adults.
LifeWise STL staff partner with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous experience building relationships with high school students
- Previous experience facilitating life skills classes
- Can adjust to change with a good attitude (flexibility)
- Can improvise when things do not go as planned (think on your feet)
- Can recognize and do what needs to be done before being asked (initiative)
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations
- Must obtain Class E endorsement on driver’s license
- Must pass criminal background checks
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com. In subject line, please write “Teen Advisor.”