Salary: $15 per hour
The Family Center is a vibrant, nurturing, and welcoming childcare space. Infants and children are cared for in the Family Center by dedicated staff while their parents participate in life enriching programs provided on the LifeWise StL campus. Care provided in the Family Center is an essential component of adult programming, supporting families by eliminating one of the major obstacles to attendance, childcare.
Program Support Teacher will be responsible for providing educationally focused activities and play to the children/minor dependents of adult program participants. This position will also include hours as a Program Support Floater to assist in areas of high need throughout the agency. As the world adjusts to the COVID-19 pandemic, adaptability, flexibility and teamwork are paramount to the functions of organizations. This role will be trained interdepartmentally to provide Early Childhood Support, Afterschool Program Support, and Front Desk Support if the need arises. Scheduled hours may fluctuate, so flexibility is essential. Family Center hours are generally Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 8:30 am – 1:15 pm and Monday through Thursday, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Program Support Float hours will typically follow the schedule listed above when there is low or no need in the Family Center.
The successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
- At least one year of childcare experience necessary
- CDA or AA preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) speakers preferred and encouraged to apply
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional relationship with children and adults
- Enthusiasm for the mission of LifeWise StL
- Must complete Family Care Safety Registry criminal background check
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a safe, respectful, fun, learning environment for children in care.
- Family Center operations: carry out daily classroom schedule, diapering, follow opening/closing procedures, assist in daily cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Follow all policies at LifeWise StL as stated in the Personnel Policy and Child Care Handbook.
- LifeWise StL staff partner with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “Program Support Teacher – Family Center.”