Assistant Teacher – Early Childhood Center (Full-time or Part-time)
Salary Range: $15-$17 per hour
LifeWise StL is seeking a dedicated Assistant Teacher to join our Early Childhood Center team. This role provides a unique opportunity to shape the lives of children aged 6 weeks to 5 years by providing nurturing care and contributing to our teaching team. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for early childhood education, a positive and nurturing attitude, and a commitment to professional growth. Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Child Interaction and Care:
- Interact with children in a warm, positive and nurturing manner.
- Assist Lead Teachers in lesson planning, maintaining daily observations and daily communication with parents.
- Follow opening and closing procedures, sharing the responsibilities for cleanliness and neatness of the classroom.
- Carry out and assist with daily classroom procedures such as, medication distribution, diet plans, hand washing, bathroom/diapering, cleaning/sanitizing, etc.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment to professional growth by attending and actively participating in all service trainings (min. of 12 hours per year required), conferences and staff meetings.
LifeWise STL staff partner with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
Required Experience and Skills:
- CDA, AA, BA or advanced degree in any field or enrolled in a CDA, AA or BA program to be completed within 2 years.
- At least 3 credit hours in early childhood education or a related field.
- Experience in working with children in a group setting, preferably in an early childhood education setting.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional relationship with children and adults.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Early Childhood Center Assistant Teacher” in the subject line.
LifeWise StL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.